Woe 2014..


Hey Guys !
I know its been ages since I've written a blog *covers eyes*, Uni has been so demanding (My Final Year *Dances*), and I haven't actually had the time to sit, think and write.

But something was heavy on my mind this night, and I really felt the need to share my thoughts. Apologies if it doesn't thoroughly make sense, my mind is full of opened tabs.. and it's clicking through each tab to put together something of substance..


We go into New Years expectant of greater things for our lives, we have this mindset where things can only get better, and, in some cases, its true, especially with God - Oh how true it is.
We focus on goals, targets to reach, improvements to make, new blessings we want to encounter and what amazing new things God can/will do for us.
These things are not wrong. Its great to have aspirations, dreams,ambitions (you get the drift), but of all the new, greater things we feel will come for ourselves, what about the world we live in? What is set in 2015 for it?

Boko Harram
150+ Nigerian girls still missing
Ebola
Black killings in America - Events of the past seemingly repeating itself
ISIS
The Taliban

Terrifying events of 2014 to name a few.. And its only by God's grace, that I can say I haven't had to experience any of it..

I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but in all honesty, no matter how much we hope for the world, its not going to get better.
Biblical predictions are coming to pass, the moon even turned red at some point this year -
The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord - Acts 2:20 (NIV)
I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red - Revelations 6:12 (NIV) 
Yeah, science can prove the reason why, but I believe in the word of God, and the word is telling me that more disaster is to come. The word is telling me we are in end times, and if we look past over the events of 2014, its safe to say, its true.

Revelations is a topic hardly touched upon, and I mean hardly.
We need to wake up. Seriously. Instead of focusing on what we can do to better ourselves, why not focus on what we can do, as Christians, to serve those around us, what can we do to help the declining world? What can we do to save fellow brothers and sisters, so when Jesus comes, Oh and he will, many will not have to continue suffering in this world.

I needed to be blunt guys, the second coming is not a topic to skirt around, especially when it is so close. We can't ignore the signs no longer.

When it comes to Judgement day, God isn't going to question us on what HE did for Us.. its more like, what We did for HIM.
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ - Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV)

How can we serve those around us, and draw more people to Christ before its too late? How can you draw more unbelievers to Christ, and help those suffering and in need?





I wish you all a Happy New Year, no matter your circumstance. I pray God see's all of you through any struggles you come against! I pray he gives us the wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and strength to carry out the work he has set us to do on Earth before we are called home! May we fulfill our purposes with no regret and may we not be found wanting on His arrival! Amen.

Remember those less fortunate, and those who are currently suffering, in your prayers guys..
As always, Be encouraged ! xxx

P.S. Please read Revelations when you can! There's many eye opening things in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment