She Will Trust. .


But seek first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you
- Matthew 6:33 (NKJV)

Jesus preached on a mountain to multitudes of people who chose to get up and follow him. In Matthew 6, we can find him preaching about what we should do as children of God, and what we shouldn't. At the end of chapter 6, Jesus teaches that we should leave all worry behind, and seek God before anything!

We must drop our worry.. put what we would put first, last, and seek God before all things. However, in order to seek God first, in order to drop everything and follow him, we need to trust him.

Ask yourself: Do I trust God to handle my problems? Do I trust God to give me my hearts desires? What if I stop focusing on that one thing I really desire, and just seek God, won't I need assurance, you know, a lil sign from God, that he will give me what I desire?

This made me think - when lending things to friends/family, for instance, money, do we need reassurance that they will pay it back? In some cases - no, but when it's what we need, oh yes!
For me, if I trust you, I won't need reassurances from you.. However if I need something, best believe I will hound you until I get it, Lol.

Take this situation for instance (fictional, yet some of y'all can relate).

A: Heyaa, I was just wondering when you would pay me back?
B: Oh hii.. Is Tuesday fine? I get paid tomorrow, I can defo send it on Tuesday.
A: Yep, Tuesday is fine, Thanks :)

(Tuesday comes)
A: Heyy, message me when you've sent the money please.
B: Alright. Will do.

(Wednesday comes)
A: Hey, I checked my account yesterday, you didn't put the money in?
B: Oh I wasn't able to, I will do as soon as possible.
A: Ok, please tell me when you do.
B: Will do.

(A week later)
A: Umm...

You get the picture.
A may trust B, however is in need of that money, on the other hand, A may not trust B, and needs the assurance (would A have given B the money if so?), And say if A didn't need the money urgently, would A still need assurances from B?

At times, we put our trust into situations that don't last; At times, we put our trust into feelings that are never permanent.
At times, we put our trust into humans and seek guarantees, that what they say they will do, they will do - If I give you something, and need it back, I need assurance that you will give it back. At times, we don't look for assurances - yet most times we find it so much harder to trust God, and when we do ask for things, look for signs that he will do it.

Do you know God isn't someone we have to go back and forth with, He isn't someone who says He will do something, and yet stalls.
Do we need reassurance that if we seek God first, what we want, what we need even, we will get? The answer is No.
God is greater than when's, where's or how's. He is not flawed like us, he will do what he says he will do. He knew us before we were born, wrote our destinies before we were conceived - knows every plot hole and every plot twist.


What I'm hoping you take from this is that, to seek God first, you must trust him. You must have faith that his yes will be his yes.
If it's easy for you to trust humans..
If it's hard for you to trust humans..
If it's hard to trust in what you don't see, but believe (FAITH!)..
If Jesus, the Son of God, is saying that all things.. all things shall be added to you from seeking God..
Trust, that ALL things, shall be added.
Do not worry because our Father knows what we need and will give it to us in due time. Never too late, never too early, just when he knows it's right. He won't give you dates after dates, he'll be on time (on his watch!)
Rest assured, take comfort in his word, dwell on it, meditate on it.
Read Matthew 6, highlight the verses that stand out to you.. Talk to God about it.

Be encouraged x

No comments:

Post a Comment