She's His Favourite



Acts 10:34 (NIV) - 
"Then Peter began to speak: "I now realise how true it is that God does not show favouritism"
Romans 2:11 (NIV) -
"For God does not show favouritism"

Why do so many of us fall to believe that God has his "favourites"?
Why do so many of us not see that what that person has is for them, and what you have is for you ?

Countless times I've heard people say God has favourites, and I've heard arguments to prove the point, but why are we overlooking what it says plainly in the bible. . God. Does. Not. Show. Favouritism.

You know what, if he does, then wow I am defo one of his favourites.
My name ain't in shining lights, I don't have a full-time job, I'm never surrounded by a large group of friends, I don't live in a rich house, I can't speak 7 different languages, I'm not the best singer in the choir.. etc etc etc. But boi, if God has favourites, I'm one of them. Why? 
Its because of what I've been through.. its because of what he's taken me through, its because of the countless times hes saved me from death, Its because of the countless times hes shown me I have Purpose, its because of the countless times I've fallen short of his grace but he never failed me. He's never failed to show me mercy.. never failed to show me love. Never. To the point where I don't deserve it, God just doesn't stop.

We pay too much attention on what other people have/had that has been/is so much better/greater than what we have/had, yet we don't take time to realise what God has done for us and what he has saved us from. 
We seem to forget that waking up is even a blessing in itself. I've heard of people dying during their sleep, something I could never imagine happen to me or someone I love, yet it happens ! And its something we fail to realise and give thanks for.

What is for Tom, is for Tom! His blessing came ON TIME. Yours will come ON TIME.

Just because you see Tom "turn up", doesn't mean he's Gods favourite. Just because Aunty Julie can speak and translate tongues so gracefully in Church, doesn't mean she's Gods favourite. Spiritual gifts are what we need to seriously pray on (a wise friend taught me this).. it just doesn't come as easy as it seems. Aunty Julie is sickkk, but how long did it take her to get to where she is..?

What you have is for you ! Your blessings are for you ! Someone "lower" than you could be yearning for what you have while your coveting what someone else has.

You can continue thinking God has favourites... but be sure to claim that you are one of them ! Don't ever be discouraged by blessings someone has recieved, or else you might become blind to your own !

If you have a counter argument, please lets discuss !

Be encouraged ! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment