She Has His Approval

God Approves of You !

No matter what you've done, No matter your past, No matter your present, No matter your future, God approves of you !
If your peers don't approve, God does ! If those guys don't approve, God does ! If you're sister, brother, neighbour, teacher, your cat or dog, doesn't even approve of you, God does!

I thought I needed people to approve of me.
I'm in a choir, and I sought approval from my fellow choir members and I sought approval from the musicians. I sang, and I sang, and I sang as well as I could.. I tried to gain everyone's approval, but I felt that I failed. I knew that I wasn't "the best" singer in the choir.. yet I tried to be the best, and, I failed.
People didn't look happy, I didn't feel happy. But then I remembered.. Who am I singing to glorify ? I can't glorify myself ! I need to forget myself ! Leave myself behind !
When we sing praises and worship, we are glorifying God, whether we know it or not. As I began to think of how I must have glorified God with my singing, God's words "I approve of you" started ringing in my head and it brought me to tears.

Whether the congregation approve or not, I approve, Whether the musicians approve or not, I approve ! And you were able to glorify me ! You were able to bring glory to me!

The greatest. The Father. He approves. If my efforts go unnoticed by a multitude.. The creator of every single being, will still approve.

Galatians 1:10 (NIV)
"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Be encouraged x

No comments:

Post a Comment