She Suggests Exercise. .? [Galatians 5]


Hey Guys !
Lately I've been reading Hillsong's Word Bible magazine, which is literally the New Testament Bible, but laid out to look like a magazine. .

Cover
Insert

Ooooooo pretty pictures <3_<3.. oops, back to the point I was trying to make..

So, the layout of this Bible is different, that includes the order of the chapters. The Bible is split up into parts, the orders rearranged to help new Christians who have never read the Bible, understand key themes of the New Testament.
Advertising over. *kidding*.

During my quiet time, I read Galatians 5, and was convicted.
Galatians 5 talks about freedom in Christ, the power of the Spirit, attributes of sinful nature and fruits of the Spirit.

Sinful attributes:- When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God - Gal 5:19-21 (NLT) 
Fruits of Spirit:- But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! - Gal 5:22-23 (NLT)

I reflected on what was said about both, and found myself holding onto sinful attributes, and lacking fruits of the spirit. Reading on, the next verse stuck to me..

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. - Gal 5:24

Now, I want to inherit the Kingdom of God, I want to spend an eternity in Heaven with God than riding in pain, misery and sorrow in hell with you know who -_-. I realised I had to repent of my sinful nature and pin those sinful attributes on the cross. Literally.

Well, close.


< 5 minutes. Spare paper. Pencil. Fancy pens because I'm an artist. Scissors (optional). Sellotape/Tack - I created a cross, pinned the passions and desires of my sinful nature to it and stuck the cross in a common area of my room that I look at, as a reminder of what I have chosen to let go.. what can't continue with me on this journey.

If you're having trouble letting the sinful nature go, I suggest you try this exercise. Read Galatians 5, identify and reflect on the attributes of sin that need to be crucified in your life, create a cross, pin those attributes on it, and pray about what you're leaving behind. Ask God for forgiveness, for guidance, for strength, and the courage to let go.

My prayer for you is that the results of such activity, will render a change in your life, and that those attributes that you pin, will remain there and not jeopardise your inheritance of a perfect kingdom.

Remain encouraged xx

No comments:

Post a Comment