She Took A Weekend Away. .



Heya Guys ! Hope you're all well !
So I wanted to write about something (and somewhere even), that I encountered over the weekend.

Radical Youth Weekend Away

Friday
It started on a Friday Evening. A coach packed with hopefuls from Loughborough, Nottingham and Leicester making their way to Wales to spend three days away. Away from society. Away from education. Away from the issues of life itself. A weekend away. With God.
I didn't know what to expect from the weekend. I didn't really have expectations or hopes. I just wanted to develop my relationship with God - I know for sure however, that I didn't want to leave the same.

We arrived to the resort in Wales, after a 3 hour journey or so. Dropped our luggage and got straight to eating dinner. And what a lovely dinner it was. The chicken curry was yummmyyy (I Love Chicken !!), Ok, back to the important things! After a pleasant dinner, we then had our 1st session together - All Radical Youth Regions together in a big hall. Experiencing God. Praising God. Worshiping Him. There's something about being around like minded people.. who believe in the same God you do, and who just want to serve him, no matter what. It's motivational, Its inspiring - and if you know people like this, stay around them ! In all seriousness, the Holy Spirit was in that room with us, and this first sessions set the pace and motion for the many sessions to come.

After receiving our itinerary and acknowledging which groups (for activities) we were in, we all set off to our Chalets (These cosy lil cabins). Unpacked., changed into our PJs, to then leave our chalets to enjoy a lil bonfire (Marshmallows on sticks included. Yum). At 2:20am (Why I can still remember the exact time is unknown to me), we retreated to our beds. And day one, was over.

Saturday
6:15am - The wake up and the commencing of queues for the shower. I had to survive on 4 hours sleep, defo regretted staying up so late. The morning started off with a morning devotion, with the group of people we stayed with in our individual chalets, then a morning prayer session with everyone, in the mail hall, which then led to breakfast. This was the routine for the following morning too.

Saturday for me was an interesting day. The amount of emotions I went through...
Group work, and getting to know other people, was of importance for the first half of the day. And this part, I did not enjoy.
I wouldn't call myself an active person, so when faced with having to be participate in active games, I took a step back.
There was something about being around so many people, having to put myself out there, that scared me and made me withdraw.
Since being at Uni, I have been quite an open person. It used to be easy for me to speak to people, to just be out there, but I've come to realise that that aspect of me has changed. I no longer wanted to be surrounded by people. I no longer wanted to have to continuously talk to people. I just wanted to be alone - I'm never usually like this :/.
So I gave up.
I withdrew to my Chalet to be alone. To recuperate. I cried. I prayed. I read my Bible. I chilled. And I received advice. And if she ever comes upon this page.. ever reads this post - Victoria, I'm grateful. I thought I was alone in the Chalet. But God knew what he was doing.

So yeah, I found my bearings and went back to all the action.
Went through a couple more sessions - The relationship session, I loved LOL. Had dinner, and then with every region, went off to the main hall to have our last session of the day.
This session, I pray to never forget.

Named HSM, Holy Spirit Ministration, we were taught about the Holy Spirit - What it does, rather, what HE does, the evidence of the Holy Spirit and being baptised in the Holy Spirit.
When I tell you the Holy Spirit descended. The room was filled with wailing, shouting, singing, praying, screaming - It. Was. Amazing. I would tell about my experience, but it was soo personal. Chains were broken. Weights were lifted. Issues were resolved. Thinking back, I just can't believe all that happened. It was Crazy!
The night ended with some serious praise for God. So many of us were dancing. True enjoyment.
I went to bed happy. Still in shock. But Happy.

Sunday
Sunday. The day of thanksgiving. The closing day of this weekend. After our usual morning routine, which included packing, we had Church !
After church was more group bonding during lunch. This time, I tried to be involved with my group. As I write this, I see how much of a shame it was that I didn't use the opportunity I had to bond with them. I hope they understand...
Group presentations had to be done - One thing I didn't want to take part in *covers eyes*, and after this, pictures were taken, farewells said. And that was the end (In a nutshell).

Returning home
When I got home, I felt cold - the lack of heating in my room may have added to this - I actually wanted to be back in Wales. Back in God's presence, but not alone in his presence - In his presence surrounded by like minded people - This is coming from a girl who just couldn't handle being surrounded by soo many people, and normally spends so much time on her own, on a daily basis.
What was said from day 1 was true - The weekend away experience is truly what you make of it ! And I wish I made an experience of it, not only with God, but with other people - There's always next year right. ..? (Lord willing).

Conclusion? Insights? Advice?
- Surround yourself with like minded people. Those who will help you grow in Christ - Note that they can't help you unless you want to grow.. You can't be helped unless you want the change.
- When you have the chance, the opportunity, to take time out for a retreat, a weekend away, a camping trip take It ! Whether a God focused one or not. You need that time out to reflect and refocus !
- Make the most of every opportunity when it comes to meeting and getting to know people. You weren't destined to be lonely. It doesn't hurt to make new friends, no matter what Drake tells you. If you can see, and tell, that these people are like-minded with you.. go for it !
- Join a fellowship group wherever you are ! The benefits are plenty ! You never stop growing and you never stop gaining knowledge !

I miss Wales. I miss weekend away. The many songs sang are still ringing in my head. This was a weekend t experience change, but it doesn't stop when the weekend ends, it must continue ! I truly do hope I can have such an experience with God, and many other people again, and I do hope that you, in the presented time, will have such an experience too !

As always, Be encouraged x

P.S. Check out the Radical Youth All Regions Facebook page by clicking Here



Tye Tribbett - What Can I Do. Theme song for #RYWA14.

No comments:

Post a Comment