She Got Edward, But Wants Four. .




Have you ever heard the phrase, be careful what you wish for? Well here's a phrase from me.. be careful what you Pray for !

I'm not the same female I was two years ago. Two years ago I was obsessed with the Twilight franchise. When I say obsessed, I mean obsessed.. I watched the films over and over to the point where I knew most of the words, I read all the books, I bought the DVD collection. . I even bought a Twilight themed calender.. I was a semi-"twihard".
Not only was I obsessed with the plots, I was obsessed with the main man himself. Edward.

I wanted an Edward.

My previous relationship wasn't so sweet. It had many ups and downs, I was young, and I weren't treated the way a female should be. I craved a romantic, sweet, loving, kind, caring partner; someone who would check up on me all the time, someone who would send me Good-morning and Goodnight texts, someone who noticed every single thing about me, someone who would whisk me off my feet and constantly nurture me with their love. I needed God tbh, but didn't know him well enough.
I prayed countless times for an 'Edward'. Countless. Heck, I had a friend who knew of my obsession and prayed for me to receive my own Edward.
And I received him. 2 years later.
And guess what..
I don't want him.

Its crazy how temperamental we can be. One day we desire something, the next, we don't. I think its great to have someone who knows you better than you know yourself, and purposely withholds things from you because they know what will benefit you and what won't.
God's funny.. seriously, he is. This isn't the first time he's given me something at a time that suited him, not me. This isn't the first time I've prayed for something, to not want it when I had finally received it. Shame on me!

So why the change of heart? Well, like I said, I'm not the same girl I was two years ago. I'm a tough cookie to crack right now, lol, but my change doesn't end in 2014.. its continuous. And I love it.

So now, I want a Four.
Let's just say I've found a new 'obsession', and that's with the Divergent franchise. (I'm shaking my head atm, please feel free to shake yours along with me).
I think I want a Four.. a guy who's hard, but caring, tough, but nurturing, takes a while to be understood, but when he is understood, everything falls together and makes sense, someone who will fall for me slowly but surely, someone who pushes me to breaking point, just to see me grow and realises my potential before I even can. On top of that, he needs to be solid in Christ AND a leader !
BUT, I'm not going to Pray for a Four. Nope, not gonna happen! 'Cause in a year or two, I know I wont be the same female I am today, I know I won't desire the same things I desire today, (I may also be too mature to be obsessing over young adult franchises *covers eyes*).
What I will be praying for, is God to send me the partner I need. Not want. Need. Obviously there's boxes he has to tick, lol, but God knows best, and I'm happy someone is looking out for me and only wants the best for me.

A Kings got to look after his Princess right?

Be encouraged sweets xx

1 comment:

  1. I have to be honest this had me laughing! I know what its like to think you want something but as soon as it comes you aren't interested anymore. God will give us what we need AAAAMEN

    ReplyDelete